September 2020 - Current
AWS DevOps Engineer
Coda Payments Singapore
Mar 2019 - September 2020
- Created and maintain fully automated CICD pipelines for automated unit testings and code deployment using AWS Code Deploy and BitBucket pipelines.
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling
- Built and deployed Docker containers to improve developer workflow, increase systems scalability and optimize speed
- Added and configured load balancers for automated up-scaling and down-scaling
- Reduced monthly costs by eliminating unnecessary servers and consolidating databases
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability and optimizing speed
Jan 2018 - Mar 2019
- Created micro services to transfer data between Order Management System and Front-end
- Developed Self Order Cancellation feature for customers
- Worked on Multiple Bug fixes and performance optimization tasks
- Integrated Alibaba's Top-up Modules into Lazada Platform
- Managed Daraz Digital Goods Platform in five countries, namely Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka, Nepal, Myanmar
- Co-peer code reviews and Test Driven Development
- Worked on the Front facing system of Daraz
- Developed automated order cancellation system for users
- Built New queuing systems producer/consumer to sync data across 3rd party platforms
- Developed Mobile APIs (REST/JSON)
- Integrated Java/Spring Framework based Digital Goods module into Alibaba's new system.
Dec 2015 – Nov 2017
- Achieved Magento Certified Developer Plus Certifications with 90% points.
- Took ownership of development plans in our regional office ensuring that tasks complete on time.
- Trained new resources about writing well-designed and testable code
- Produced specifications and feasibility reports
- Integrated Risk Assestment, Tracking, Payment, Shipping and other components into a fully functional system
- Deployed large-scale cloud-based applications and evaluated user feedback
- Applied software update patches via Linux Shell
- Identified and fixed performance related issues on large websites
- Developed extensions for Magento Open Source and Commerce Editions
- Assisted in troubleshooting/fixing bugs and supported internal users.
- Reviewed current systems and suggested improvements, including cost proposals.
- Worked on Payment Gateway, Fraud Prevention and Email Marketing Systems Integration in Magento
Oct 2012 – Nov 2015
- Integrated GitLab for code management, continuous integration and code reviews and migrated old repositories from SVN to Git
- Led the efforts to build, test and deliver industry's leading resume management system.
- Worked as SCRUM Master/Development Lead for the Development Team
- Assisted team in development roadblocks, resolve conflicts and solving problems.
- Conducted multiple PHP, Linux and Git related trainings.
- Developed a multi-store Project which included connecting ERP and POS of approximately 150 physical stores across the world.
Magento Certified Developer Plus
CERTIFICATION HELD: Developer Plus
DATE CERTIFIED: 04/13/2017
2006 – 2010
APTECH Computer Education
2008 – 2010
Undergraduate - Business/Commerce
Board of Intermediate Education Karachi
Studied: Artificial Intelligence, Robotic, DLD, Database, C#, Wireless Communications, Internet Architecture and more
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Continuous Integration (CI)
Continuous Delivery (CD)
IT Infrastructure Management
Git / SVN
Elastic Load Balancers
Website Speed Optimization
Tools & Technologies
PHP / MySQL
Git / SVN
HTML / CSS
REST / JSON
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Lead Software Engineer / Alibaba Group
I worked with Zain in Alibaba group. He is expert in his domain and has vast technical knowledge. As a Software Engineer, he has abilities to come up with good technical solutions and take projects to completion. Not only technically sound, he is also good in assisting team members whenever necessary. He takes full ownership of his work.
CRM, Email Strategy & Marketing Automation / Alibaba Group
Had the pleasure of working on the same teams with Zain at Demac Media and then at Daraz. His skills at leading projects from the front showed his seniority and experience.
Tech Lead / Demac Media
Zain is well versed in the development world. He's a skilled, dedicated developer - who's always able to provide positivity in the workplace. Most importantly, he communicates well with employees and directly with clients. He's ambitious, always willing to learn and grow, take on any task at hand. I could trust Zain with any technical challenge without any doubt.
Director of Solutions Architecture / Bounteous Canada
Zain, is by all rights an amazing developer he has the right mindset and skills to be highly effective at what he does. Working with him over was a pleasure and he showed a good level of ownership, and professionalism that I would love to see more often coming for software engineers. Any software engineering team would be lucky to have Zain as developer, as I truly believe he will be an asset no matter where he goes.
Frontend Developer / Bounteous Canada
Zain is an absolute dream to work with. As a Frontend Developer, Zain and I would often work on tasks together, and I can honestly say there is no one on our team I'd rather work with. His knowledge, passion and understanding of complex tasks is amazing. He always takes the time to explain and share his knowledge. Finally, he's a natural leader who doesn't shy from the opportunity to take on more responsibility. Any team would consider themselves lucky to have Zain on board.